Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Akkadia

    Spine:
  • Story of the World, Volume I (the Ancients), Chapter 5
    • Sargon and the Akkadians



Coloring Pages:
Cameron's:

You can't tell from the scan, but the hat was very carefully colored a light peach or "flesh" color. Speaking of flesh color, before he began coloring, Cameron asked me if the people of Sumer had dark skin. I said that I wasn't sure, but I thought they did. He said, "Oh, ok. I have a brown crayon here for dark skin, but I don't think I'll use it now." He ended up not coloring the skin at all. I wonder if that is a political statement of sorts? It was, certainly, the first time he has ever mentioned skin color.

Cassia's:
(Scanner conked out! It was very red though, lol.)

Map Work:
Not interesting enough to post. ;) Just a red circle around Akkadia.

Other Activities:
*Word search on Sumerian Inventions for Cameron
*Illustrations of the list words for Cassia (click to enlarge)


    Favorite Library Books:
  1. Arabian Nights: Three Tales retold and illustrated by Deborah Nourse Lattimore
  2. The Three Princes: A Tale from the Middle East retold by Eric A. Kimmel and illustrated by Leonard Everett Fisher
  3. You Wouldn't Want to Be a Sumerian Slave! by Jacquline Morley

No comments: